This privacy notice is to inform how Drilex International, L.P. (“Drilex”) collects, stores, shares and uses information from and about a User of all websites, electronic programs and applications (collectively as “Website”) operated by Drilex. Drilex will adhere to the this notice on the use and disclosure of personal and non-personal information collected through the Website or in the course of our business activities conducted elsewhere. Should another site that is controlled, operated, or administered by Drilex provide privacy information which is inconsistent with this notice, this notice shall govern and to the extent necessitated by applicable law. This notice does not apply to the information collected, stored, shared, or distributed by third-party sites. This notice may be updated from time to time.
Please read this notice carefully. By visiting or accessing our Website, the User acknowledge the practices described in this notice, subject to those circumstances where the user’s specific consent is requested.
For the purposes of applicable data protection law, Drilex is the controller of any personal information collected from the User on the Website or otherwise for the purpose of conducting or developing our business with the User.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY: When a User visits our Website, our server automatically collects certain browser or device generated information, including but not limited to the following : user domain, user IP address, date, time, duration of the visit, browser type, operating system, page visits (records of access), information from third parties, other information about the user computer or device, and internet traffic.
We do not use this automatically collected information to try to identify the User, and we do not associate it with the information the User provides voluntarily, as detailed below.
INFORMATION THE USER PROVIDES: In order to access or use certain portions of the website or application, or otherwise in conducting business with us or seeking to conduct business with us, the User may be prompted to provide certain personal information to us in the following ways:
- by filling in forms (for example, a 'Contact Us' form), on our Website, sales meeting, trade shows, or anywhere else we conduct business.
- by downloading documentation from our Website.
- by subscribing to newsletters or other communications.
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise using our contact details.
- by applying for a job or internship, in relation to which an applicant should also refer to the specific privacy notices made available during the application process.
Typically, the personal information a User give us may include name, business affiliation, address (home, business, billing, or delivery), telephone number, and email address, and any personal details required to resolve any inquiries or complaints as allowed by applicable law.
This information may be required to enter into a contract with a User (such as a purchase agreement) and failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide requested services or products.
We may also obtain personal information about a User from third parties that collect information on our behalf.
Different types of cookies are used for different purposes on our Website, these are known as: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, and functionality cookies. Some cookies may be provided by an external third party to provide additional functionality to our Website and these are included below.
NECESSARY COOKIES: These cookies allow Drilex to recognize a User’s computer or device and preferences when using the Website. These cookies are essential to fulfill an action requested by the User, such as identifying the User as being logged in. If a User prevents these cookies by adjusting the browser settings, then Drilex cannot guarantee how the Website will perform during a visit.
PERFORMANCE COOKIES: These cookies are used to improve our Website, for example for analytics that let us see how our Website is being used and where to make improvements. These cookies are used to collect information about how our Website is being used. The information is collected in an anonymous form and includes the number of visitors, where visitors have come from to reach the Websites and the pages they visited.
FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES: These cookies facilitate the efficient access to and use of the Website and enhance the performance and functionality of our Website. For instance, to give a User better access to and use of content and functionality on the Website, Drilex may personalize our content for the User or remember the User’s preferences or advertise content that is more relevant to the User.
MANAGEMENT OF COOKIES: If a User wants to manage cookies, they can do so from their browser. A User can find out how to do this by going to the help menu in their browser. Please visit www.allaboutcookies.org for further information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: The following is an overview of our purposes for using personal information. Please remember that additional details on how we process personal information may be provided in a separate notice or contract. All processing (i.e. use) of a User’s personal information is justified by a "condition" for processing. In addition, processing of sensitive personal information (such as health or racial information provided for on an employment application) is always specifically justified. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- the processing is necessary to perform a contract with a User or take steps to enter into a contract at a User’s request
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, subject to a User’s interests and fundamental rights, and notably our legitimate interest in using supplier, customer and Website user data to conduct and develop our business activities with them and with others
- the User has consented to the processing
We use the personal information we collect to:
- conduct and develop our business with the User and with others
- process, evaluate and complete certain transactions involving the Website, and more generally transactions involving Drilex's products and services
- operate, evaluate, maintain, improve and develop the Website, and our products and services generally
- fulfill the purpose for which the User provided such personal information
- customize our Websites to the needs of the User.
- engage the User about events, promotions, the Website and Drilex's products and services
- provide the User with documentation or communications which the User has requested
- correspond with the User to resolve their queries or complaints
- support and manage a recruitment, work placement or internship process, including considering applications and making offers
- provide a User with any services or products a User requests
- send a User marketing and other communications, where it is lawful for us to do so
- protect and ensure safety of the Website, Drilex confidential and proprietary information, and Drilex employees
- monitor and analyze trends, access to, and use of the Website for advertising and marketing
- manage, protect against and investigate fraud, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including but not limited to violation of our terms and conditions, contract terms or laws or regulations
Drilex will not sell or rent personal information to third parties.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: From time to time it will be necessary to share a User’s personal information with our affiliated businesses. We may also appoint third party service providers (who will operate under our instructions) to assist us in providing information, products or services to a User, in conducting and managing our business, or in managing and improving the Website. Drilex may share personal information with these affiliates and third parties for any of the following purposes:
- to perform services that the third parties have been engaged by Drilex to perform on Drilex's behalf, subject to the obligations Drilex assumes under this notice or the appropriate contractual restrictions and security measures
- if required to do so by law, a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request
- if Drilex believes it is reasonably necessary to prevent harm or loss, or it believes that the disclosure will further an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activities
Drilex reserves the right to share any information that a User provides which is not deemed personal information.
The User acknowledge that the Website is controlled, operated, and administered by Drilex from its office in the United States, or hosted on servers located globally, but managed by Drilex. Drilex may transfer personal information collected on the Website or in the course of conducting business with the User and others to other jurisdictions in which Drilex operates.
Drilex may share a User’s personal information with third parties in connection with potential or actual sale of our company or any of our assets, or those of any affiliated company, in which case personal information held by us about our Users may be one of the transferred assets.
Drilex will also respond to requests for information where required by to do so by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on us.
MINORS: The Website is not for use by persons under the age of 16 years (Minor). Drilex does not knowingly collect, store, share or use the personal information of Minors. If personal information has been provided by a Minor, please notify Drilex and Drilex will delete all such personal information.
MARKETING SMS AND EMAILS: Where lawful to do so, and subject to a User’s consent where required, Drilex may communicate by SMS and email to inform a User about our products and services. If a User wishes to opt-out of receiving such marketing communications, the user may use the 'unsubscribe' link provided in our emails or text the STOP number in our SMS, or otherwise contact us directly and we will stop sending such communications.
SECURITY: Drilex strives to safeguard and protect personal information from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, and Drilex utilizes and maintains certain reasonable processes, systems, and technologies to do so. However, a User acknowledge that no transmission over the Internet is completely secure or error-free, and that these processes, systems, and technologies utilized and maintained by Drilex are subject to compromise. Accordingly, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
INFORMATION RETENTION: We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, which will include the duration of the applicable statute of limitations. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal information for other periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by law, a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required.
In specific circumstances we may also retain personal information for longer periods of time corresponding to a statute of limitation so that we have an accurate record of a User’s dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
EXTERNAL LINKS: The Website may contain links to third party sites. Since Drilex does not control nor is responsible for the privacy practices of those websites, we encourage the User to review the privacy policies of these third-party sites. This notice applies solely to personal information collected by our Websites or in the course of our business activities.
RIGHTS OF THE USER: Subject to applicable law, a User may have some or all of the following rights in respect of personal information:
- to obtain a copy of a User’s personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed
- to rectify inaccurate personal information (including the right to have incomplete personal information completed)
- to erase personal information (in limited circumstances, such as where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed)
- to restrict processing of personal information where:
- the accuracy of the personal information is contested
- the processing is unlawful but a User objects to the erasure of the personal information
- we no longer require the personal information, but it is still required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim
- a User has objected to processing on the basis of our legitimate interests
- to port data in machine-readable format to a third party (or to the User) when we justify our processing on the basis of the User’s consent or the performance of a contract with the User
- to withdraw consent to our processing of the User’s personal information (where that processing is based on the User’s consent)
- to object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling
- to obtain or see a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which the User’s personal information is transferred to a third country or international organization
In addition to the above rights, the User has the right to object to any processing of their information which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest, including profiling (as opposed to a User’s consent, or to perform a contract with the User). The User also have the right to object to any processing of their information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for marketing purposes.
The User also have the right to lodge a complaint with a local supervisory authority for data protection. In relation to all of these rights, please contact us using the details given below. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if the User’s request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavor to respond to such requests within all applicable timeframes.
CONTACT INFORMATION: If there are any questions in relation to this notice or wish to exercise any rights listed herein, please contact us by phone at 832-698-7700 or by by email at email@example.com.